What is mobile e-Commerce?
1. Any monetary transaction completed using a mobile device.
2. It is basically a mobile app development for a e-commerce domain! i.e a mobile app that is specifically meant to facilitate selling and buying of commodities from the vendor or retailer or wholesaler or third party altogether!
3. It is an advancement of e-commerce, enabling people to buy and sell goods or services from almost anywhere, simply using a mobile phone or tablet device.
Mobile commerce is an expansion of e-Commerce and not a replacement to e-Commerce?
Mobile commerce is not replacing e-commerce, but a larger portion of e-commerce sales are now coming from mobile devices.
Are there different types of mobile eCommerce?
1. Mobile shopping: Mostly similar to e-commerce, but accessible via a mobile device. E.g Amazon, Flipkart, etc.
2. Mobile banking: Some transaction types are limited or restricted on mobile devices. E.g. Paytm, PhonePay, Tezz, etc.
3. Mobile payments: Shopping and payments. Paytm, PhonePay, Tezz, etc.
Common Benefits of having your own Mobile e-Commerce platform:
1. Serves a better User Experience (UX) for customers.
2. Phenomenal growth predicted over the years.
3. Convenient, botheration and ease of shopping makes it the first choice for people.
4. Variety of Payment options.
Did you know?
1. 40% of consumers won’t wait longer than three seconds for a page to load before leaving a site.
2. 79% of online shoppers said that they are less likely to visit a site again, after a poor site experience.
5 easy steps courtesy which you can improve page speed of your mobile e-Commerce site:
1. Run some test: Test my site page speed insights webpage test Pingdom.
2. Optimize images or reduce their size: If the smaller size images can serve the purpose, then it is good idea to reduce the larger images in terms of their size.
4. Reduce Tracking Snippets: The use of 3rd party tracking and analytics services is a necessary evil when it comes to Mobile App e-commerce.
5. Do a feature audit: Each feature and software integration you add to your site requires additional resources, which impacts on page speed.
Top Mobile Commerce Trends in 2018:
1. Increased trust: More consumers feel comfortable shopping on mobile than ever before.
2. Faster Checkouts: One-page checkouts and also digital wallets have improved mobile conversion by up to 10% at launch.
3. Easier to use sites: More and more sites are now optimized for mobile use.